What makes soccer such a free-form sport is that you don‘t have to be the strongest, the biggest, the tallest or the fastest.
Although the best soccer training equipment can help you develop the different qualities that every soccer player should have on the field, only dedication in training and the will to pursue getting player can help you get there.
In this article, we‘re going to go through the unique traits that make a good soccer player and present you with the best soccer training equipment to help you develop these qualities.
1. Strong on-the-ball Technique: From basic technique to Messi-style dribbling, the way you move with the ball is one of the most critical skills in soccer.
To help you develop your:
- Ball Control—From trapping, dribbling, and passing accurately, playing with both feet, the Franklin Sports Soccer Rebound Training Net can help you with your first touch and pass accuracy, even when training on your own.
- Speed Dribbling—Speed with and without the ball are both crucial in soccer. To help you keep control of the ball and change directions with speed, the Pro Disc Cones with Carrying Bag and Top 15 Drills eBook has everything you need to work on your dribbling and ideas to help you set up your own drills to work on your speed.
2. Your Mental Strength: As we mentioned earlier, being physically strong isn‘t the only thing you should be working on. Your mental strength means staying sharp and focused throughout the whole game.
To be a complete soccer player, you should come to the field with ambition, passion, mental toughness, and “coach-ability (how open you are for constructive criticism). You should also strive to develop a team player mindset.
3. Your Fitness Level: However, soccer isn‘t just a mental game. Being physically fit is extremely important, no matter which level you play at. For adults, you will have to be able to last a consistent 90 minutes!
Being physically fit means improving your strength, speed, agility, and endurance:
- Strength: You can help shoulder off an opponent in a 1-on-1 situation while developing some serious leg strength with the Pseudois Resistance Bungee Band, Bungee Workout Band.
- Speed: Whether you‘re playing catch-up with an opposing forward or trying to beat someone to the ball, the CANPPNY Speed Agility Training Kit has everything you need that can help you get faster on the sprint.
- Agility: Being quick on the turn and quick on your feet requires agility. The Raise Your Game RYG Speed Agility Training Set can help you develop the physical attributes you need to nail these soccer movements at top speed.
- Endurance: Lasting for an entire game without exhausting yourself mentally and physically also requires endurance. The Vikingstrength New 24 Levels Training Workout Mask can help you increase your endurance fitness by creating pulmonary resistance, which increases a workout‘s intensity and helps you boost your stamina.
4. Soccer IQ: Apart from set plays, soccer gives you free rein and creative freedom on the field. This means that you should have the desire to develop the knowledge and experience to perform well on the field.
From vision to tactical awareness, from composure to confidence on the ball, your soccer IQ can determine your on-the-field potential. You can improve your soccer IQ through many channels, but learning from experts is one of the best. Try reading the Masters of Modern Soccer: How the World’s Best Play the Twenty-First-Century Game to learn how the best players of the modern game have gotten to where they are today.
Becoming a Complete Player
What it takes to be a great soccer player is not just a matter of opinion. You truly need to have the dedication and desire to work on each one of these physical and mental skills. They can help you reach your goals on the field.
Keep on training!